Stories of pirates
- Three original high-seas stories for children just beginning to read.
- Find out if Charlie can get rid of his pesky parrot and Molly can escape the clutches of the sneaky Captain Spike in these swashbuckling stories.
- Usborne Young Reading has been developed with reading experts from Roehampton University.
- The audio CD includes a dramatic listen-along recording with music and sound effects, followed by a read-along version with prompts for page turns.
"irresistible for children learning to read"
Child Education Plus
Hardback with ribbon marker
Price: $7.95 | Product Code: 080962
Hardback and CD
Price: $12.95 | Product Code: 080146
Hardback with ribbon marker:48 pages
196 x 130mm
Hardback and CD:48 pages
196 x 130mm
Press & blog reviews
The Usborne Young Reading Program has a lovely selection of classic tales adapted for younger readers. Graded in seven levels, these have just enough stretch in them and yet are not too overwhelming.
The Irish Sunday Independent
Usborne's award winning range of children's books now includes a vibrant Reading Programme, featuring over 200 brilliant titles that supplement National Curriculum levels 1C to 4A. Bright full-cover illustrations combine with lively text to make these colourful hardback fact and fiction books irresistible for children learning to read, and will help capture their imagination and build confidence as they move from one level to the next.
Child Education Plus - top teaching resources to support the curriculum
Crack reading and make confident and enthusiastic readers with this fantastic reading programme. Seven steps take beginners from simply written folk stories told in 150 words through to lovers of classic and original stories and histories, biographies and classics told in 5,000 words. Colour coded for ease of use and presented in a beautiful hardback, every story is well-written and attractively illustrated in full colour by leading artists.
Write a review
Do you fancy writing a review for 'Stories of pirates'? Here are some hints:
- Be real: Give us a real flavour of your experience or point of view.
- Spell check: Well written reviews are more likely to get published.
- Be polite: Impolite reviews will never make it to the site. Obviously.
Other things to bear in mind before you submit a review:
- We don't publish all reviews, and reserve the right to edit for length or sense.
- Your review may be published or quoted on any Usborne website.
- We'll use your name beneath the review, but no other details.
© Copyright 2012 Usborne Books at Home
Books at Home.