US Teachers’ Choice Award for the Family 2011
Awarded to the Usborne Very First Reading series. For the Teachers' Choice Award, teachers who are also parents evaluate books, games, websites, electronics, and more — to choose the best tools for at-home learning.
Bronze Award in the 5-7 Educator Awards 2010
Awarded to the Usborne Very First Reading series. The award's aim is to identify and reward excellence in educational products that have been designed for children in Key Stage 1.
Press & blog reviews
Some books were just made for sharing! And if they give a child the confidence to read alone, it will be a major step on their road to independence. So Usborne have come up with the ideal solution – a series of exciting and beautifully illustrated books specially developed to offer a structured and methodical programme of reading. Whether you are a parent, a carer or a teacher, you can be sure that the Very First Reading books will turn learning into an adventure.
Lancashire Evening Post
A fantastic new series of enjoyable and fun books for you to share with your child. This series is an excellent complement to your child's school curriculum.
Thank you, Usborne, for producing a series of books that really work, that see story and content as important as skill level, and are genuinely engaging for children (and adults- I’m having a great time too!) Thank you for teaching my daughter to read.
Write a review
Do you fancy writing a review for 'A bus for Miss Moss'? Here are some hints:
- Be real: Give us a real flavour of your experience or point of view.
- Spell check: Well written reviews are more likely to get published.
- Be polite: Impolite reviews will never make it to the site. Obviously.
Other things to bear in mind before you submit a review:
- We don't publish all reviews, and reserve the right to edit for length or sense.
- Your review may be published or quoted on any Usborne website.
- We'll use your name beneath the review, but no other details.
Links & fun
Usborne Publishing is not responsible for the content of external websites.